Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fueling the Dream

This last little while has been a weird time for me. I switched medication levels and have found something that is really working for me. At the same time though I am finding that I am buckling under the stress and pressure of our situation. This month we are completely relying on a mixture of our parents and anyone else we can scare up to pay our bills. We are waiting to hear about the outcome of a couple of jobs and this is really the end of the line for us. If one of these jobs don’t work - Kevin is going to have to leave his Masters undone and get whatever job he can find. That is a daunting fact after 5.5 years put into it.

We pray earnestly, and it just gets delayed more and more. I am not sure what the purpose is in this. I trust that God does have something planned, but for the life of me I don’t know what, or if we are even headed in the right direction. We just continue to pray and pray,and wait for God to give us an answer.

I think that is one of the most difficult aspects of all of this as well. I want to participate in so many things this summer, and experience so many things with the kids, but we can’t. Even with the help we have we are falling short.

On the other hand, now that school is over for the summer I have been homeschooling Kyle. I am so proud of him! He has been working 4-5 hours a day on school. I have a math program that he is eagerly devouring. We have a printing program, phonics program, and a general language program, and even though it is Kyle’s most difficult subject he is working hard on it without complaints. For Science and Social Studies we are going very Charlotte Mason. I am loving it. The biggest issue with it right now is that Jordan is terribly cranky, and difficult to handle, and we haven’t figured out what to do with him yet. That will come with time, and I suspect with the teeth that are trying to break through!

In regards to the title, the only thing fueling the dream right now is prayer. Prayer, prayer, and more prayer. Feel free to add us to your list :)

No comments: